Next club events
Look for events in the Google Event calendar listing, and in the weekly emails via the Google Group Posts for specific event details [subscribe below].
- Good luck to those club members competing in the Australian Championship series 28th Sept - 6th Oct.
- #3 Classic OY Sunday 20th October, 11 - 12.30pm,
Christies Gully, Christies Gully Rd, Henley 9073, New Zealand.
- #4 Classic OY Sunday 3rd November, 11 – 12:30pm,
Seacliff North, Marks Rd, Karitane 9471, New Zealand.
A reminder that the club is run on an entirely volunteer basis. We want events to be organised, safe and enjoyable for all of us, so we need you, the club members, to regularly help. Please offer your help in advance to the person listed as the Controller for the next event.
- is comprised of 4 x OY Classic and 4 x OY Sprint events.
- your best 3 Classic and best 3 Sprint results are added together to determine the winner, amongst those of the same gender, who run the same course combinations as you.
- anyone who is a Planner or Controller is advantaged by getting the average of their 2 best results for the event that they plan or control.
For 2019, OY Classic #1 was 23rd March, Matarae, OY Classic #2 was 7th July, Flagstaff Creek. OY Sprint #1 was Balmacewen/Columba, OY Sprint #2 was Botanic Garden. Make sure you get to the rest of the events to have a chance to win, and put your hand up to be a Planner or Controller for next year's events, at a location and time of year to suit you.