posted 17 Feb 2012, 11:10 by Dunedin Orienteering
Start times 11 am – 1 pm.
To get there from Dunedin area:
- Drive toward Middlemarch on SH87, when you come down onto the Strath Taieri Plains turn Right onto Pukerangi Rd (i.e., 1.2 km BEFORE you get to the rail crossing at Sutton).
- Follow Pukerangi road for 7.5 km; this takes you across the combined road & rail bridge and up the hill.
- As you get to the top of the hill turn Right into farm track and drive a few hundred metres up toward the pine forest, to parking area.
To get there from Central Otago/Naseby direction:
- Drive south through Middlemarch and on to Sutton
- After crossing railway line in Sutton, drive another 1.2 km and turn Left into Pukerangi Road.
- Then follow directions as above:
Courses are as follows:
- Course Ability level Length Climb
- White For beginners, esp. children 2.7 km 80 m
- Yellow For relatively inexperienced 2.7 km 95 m
- Orange For moderately experienced 5.6 km 155 m
- Short Red For experienced orienteers 5.8 km 140 m
- Long Red For the experienced & fit 8.3 km 280 m
If anyone wants a shorter red please let me know this wknd. I’ll be able to make something shorter, but it’ll be mediocre from a technical (course design) perspective.