Dunedin Orienteering (formerly Dunedin Orienteering Club - or DOC) has held a number of significant national, and two international, orienteering events in the past:
- 2010 National Champs - Short Distance (Roxburgh Tailings), Middle Distance (Bannockburn), Long Distance (Butchers Dam) and the Relays (Naseby East)
- 1998 National Champs - Classic (Akatore), Relays (Mt Ross)
- 1989 Moro South Island 7 Day Festival - along with PAPO (Christchurch) and SOC (Southland), with two Dunedin events at Naseby and one at Gladbrook
- 1984 Asia Pacific Orienteering Carnival - Classic (Hogburn), Relay (Naseby West) and warm-up (Coalpit Dam) all at Naseby
More recently, we held, or assisted in holding, the following multi-days;
- 2016, in association with the Southern O Week team, 8 events within 7 days; Middle Distance (Matukituki, Sticky Forest / Plantation, and 2016 Otago Champs at Bannockburn Sluicings), Prologue & Chasing Start - Hawea (Butterfields & Horseshoe Bend), Sprints - Wanaka Schools & Cromwell College, Long Distance - 2016 Otago Champs (Butchers Dam / Earnscleugh, Brian Buschl Memorial Event).
- 2015 South Island Champs 3 day - Short Distance double chasing start (Sandpit), Middle (Broomgrove / Hoffmans) and Long Distance (Hogburn) all at Naseby. Southland Orienteering Club generously assisted by hosting the Middle Distance event.
- 2015 Anzac 3-day, incorporating Otago Champs - Short, Middle and Long Distances (the Seacliff Sessions)
- 2013 Anzac 4-day, incorporating Otago Champs - Sprint (Otago University campus), Hagaby (Gabriels Gully, Lawrence), Middle Distance (Roxburgh Tailings), Long Distance (Cuttance)
- 2012 South Island Champs 3 day - Sprint, Middle and Long Distance, all at Naseby