The following is NOT
a guide to which course students MUST
run, only an explanation of how the points are calculated.
- Students are arranged into one of six groups, Male/female on Orange/Yellow/White courses.
- For each of the groups
Students who run in groups receive 50% of their points. e.g. a pair of students get the fastest time for their course, both students would receive 500pts. [1000/2]
- Fastest time for each grade on a course earns 1000pts.
- Points for slower competitors are calculated according to their relative speeds around the course. e.g. a competitor taking 15:00 minutes, on a course with a winning time of 12:00 minutes, would receive 800pts [1000*12/15]
Students who run an easier course receive 50% of their points [rules 3 & 4 can work together]. e.g. a year 10 wins the yellow course [base course orange] so only gets 500pts [1000/2]Students who run more than one course will receive their best points score NOT both of them!
| Grade|| Year Level||Base Course |
| Senior|| 11-13|| Orange|
| Junior|| 9-10|| Orange|
| Intermediate|| 7-8|| Yellow|
| Primary|| 1-6|| White|
- A senior runs a time of 24:30, on an Orange course with a winning time of 20:00 - 816pts
- A junior wins a Yellow course with a time of 17:20 - 500pts
- A senior/junior winning a White course would receive 250pts [running down two courses, divide by two twice]
- Two primary girls complete the White in a time of 13:10, and the winning time is 11:25 - 434pts [1000*(11:25/13:10)/2]